Chingaza National Park is located less than 50 Kms away from the fina ncial center of Bogota. It provides nearly 80% of the drinkable water of Bogotá, and it is also the supply of water for sorrounding towns, being the main source of water for more than 10 million people. It has dramatic landscapes that vary from 800 to 4020 meters above sea level and it is home of amazing fauna such us the white-tailed deer and the andear bear.
Physical requirement: medium.
High altitude: (≤ 3800 m.a.s.l.).
Long hikes: (22 kms in total)
Temperature: 18°C / 2°C
(06:00) – Departure from the agreed point in private vehicles (4×4, Van or Bus), then we will have breakfast in La Calera town before leaving to the entrance of the national park where we will do the registration and will start the hike by “Lagunas de Siecha circuit (9.5 Kms.). During the hike we will have lunch “Pic-nic style” and then we will get in our transportation again in order to get to the Monterredondo area where we will have accomodation according to the option previously selected. If the time and weather conditions allow it we will do a short hike (2 Kms) through the “Suasie Corto” trail. At night we will have dinner and time to rest.
(06:00) – Breakfast, and after that departure to “Laguna de Chingaza” sector where we will start a trek of 10 Kms attemting to reach “Laguna del Medio” (with high probability to get feet wet, so we recommend to take good trekking boots and clothes for change once the trek is over) after that we will take our transportation back to Monterredondo area we will have lunch and will spend the last momments before startung our return to Bogotá with an estimated arrive back to Bogota at 7:30 PM.
✅ Private ground transportation from & to Bogota.
✅ All the meals during the trip.
✅ Trek to “Lagunas de Siecha trail (subject to weather conditions) 9,5 Kms
✅ Hike to “Suasie corto trail”
✅ Sightseeing of deers in Monterredondo area.
✅ 1 night of accomodation depending on the option choosen (Beds or camping)
✅ Trek to “Laguna de Chingaza” & “Laguna del Medio” (subject to weather conditions) 10 Kms
✅ All the camping elements for people choosing the camping accomodation option.
✅ For people choosing the beds option the accomodation is offered in a cabin inside de National Park in shared rooms.
✅ Local guidance during the whole weekend (1 guide every 10 people).
✅ Travel & rescue assitance card.
– Entrance Fee to the National Park:
• Students of 25 years old or less, colombians or foreigners: 16.000 pesos
• Colombians above 25 years old: 19.000 pesos
• Foreigners above 25 years old: 51.500 pesos
– Snacks & Souvenirs.
– It is important to have an acceptable physical condition.
– If you have any cardiovascular illness, cronic asma, epilepsy among others it is not recommended to attend the trip.
– Pregnant women, kids younger than 12 years old, adults older than 70 years old or people with overweight should take a medical note in order to attend this activities of high mountain.
– It is forbidden to consume alcoholic or psicoactive substances during the expedition..
– Appropriate clothes for cold weather: Minimum 1 Jacket, 2 Pants, Several pairs of socks (or alternatively thermal socks)
– Appropriate Footwear: waterproof boots or 2 pairs of boots and at least 1 pair of sneakers for change for the hike to El medio lake, where the feet might get wet completely. (Take into account waterproof elements preferably).
– Sunglasses & Sunscreen.
– Water Bottle, preferably not disposable (The water is drinkable in several points of the tour)
– *Optional: Flashlight & gloves for the cold..
OUR TRAVEL OPTIONS
We have developed 3 different options suitable for all natural travel seekers personalities, budgets & preferences, select the one that suits you best and start to discover Colombia with us now!
Let’s start talking
If you want to get detailed information of itineraries, conditions, restrictions and reccomendations for our plans you can send us a mail. For faster answer let´s start talking via whatsapp in the following link:
Or use another contact way email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +57 316 777 3120